VariUs Bimetallic saw-blades
Group of Companies «VariUs» Ltd. represents high quality saw-blades «VariUs» at the market of Ukraine for solution of technological tasks of different complexity degree in the field of structural material cutting. Wide range of blades, pitches and teeth shapes allow to select the best solution for machining of different steel types, cast irons, non-ferrous metals as well as non-metallic materials, such as stone, glass, concrete, rubber and frozen foodstuff. In «VariUs» line of saw-blades metallic and bimetallic blades with material of cutting part M42 and M51, containing from 8% up to 10% of cobalt and tungsten, as well as diamond blades are offered. «VariUs» – this is unprecedented level of responsibility and quality for blank sections of your manufacture at optimal price!
For production of bimetallic saw-blade of «VariUs» brand materials of only European producers are used with 100% control level during manufacture. «VariUs» blades are competitive with many world-known blade producers, such as Wikus, Lenox, Amada, Arntz. But, along with the highest level of technological support from specialists of «VariUs» company, usually, show better results regarding resistance and productivity.
In the basis of any bimetallic saw-blade there is a supporting blade. For its production only high-class spring steel is used.
In production of the most popular saw-blades «VariUs» materials М42 and М51 are used. While manufacture of budgetary blades of other brands producers replace expensive materials М42 and М51 by cheaper grade M2. Such replacement, as a rule, leads to decrease of general blades efficiency, which often makes purchase unreasonable and non-rational, but allows to adequately compete in price with manufacturers of low-quality saw-blades from China, Taiwan, etc. Detailed consultations regarding this matter can be introduced in service center of «VariUs» company.М42 (analog according to GOST 10Р2М10К8). 8% of cobalt. Special feature of this material is resistance of blade teeth cutting edges. Crucial factor here is the size of carbide particles and their uniform allotment (in the picture tungsten carbides of white color are uniformly allotted in heat-resistant martensite background). Hardness of teeth cutting edges is 67, 5–68, 5 HRC. This material is applicable for cutting of all main steel grades with hardness up to 40-45 HRC.
М51 (analog according to GOST 12Р10М4К10). 10% of cobalt. Higher content of tungsten increases carbide quantity, and, consequently, it increases resistance to abrasive wear. High cobalt content enlarges cutting edge red-hardness, which considerably increases saw-blade life-cycle. It permits to use these tools for cutting of high-strength, stainless-steel and high-temperature steel, including blanks of cross-section with hardness up to 45 HRC. Harness of cutting edge is 69 HRC. Resistance of such saw-blade, as a rule, in 10-20% higher in comparison with blades, which have grade M42 as cutting edge material.
М2 (analog according to GOST Р6М5). 6% of cobalt. Steel М2 it is an instrumental material, which was earlier used for production of cutting tools, working at average speed. The main usage is – drills, mills and blades for applications, which don’t require high productivity. Maximum tungsten content is 6%. Saw-blade from this material is keeping sharpening very well, but becomes rusty easily. It is meant for nonloading operations at small cutting conditions.«VariUs» saw-blades have optimal price at perfect quality
Quality of «VariUs» saw-blades is confirmed not only by European Certificate of Quality, by also by positive implementation results at the plants of Europe, Ukraine and Commonwealth countries of Independent States, which consciously have chosen blades of this brand.
Let’s consider several examples of using «VariUs» saw-blades at the Ukrainian plants during period 2014-2015:
- Task: cutting of blank. Material: Steel 35ХГСА. Purpose of implementation: to increase productivity.
Solution: «VariUs» saw-blade В3 М42 at the machine of model «Mit’ 1-03» allowed to arrange cutting at increased cutting conditions: speed of saw-blade was increased from 30m/min up to 50m/min, feed was enlarged from 0,5mm/min up to 1,8mm/min. As a result, productivity was increased in 25%. Resistance of blade remained at the same level as it was with tools of other European manufacturer, which was used earlier.
- Task: cutting of blank. Material: stainless-steel 12Х18Н10Т. Purpose of implementation: to increase blade resistance, having reduced Customer’s expenses.
Solution: «VariUs» saw-blade В9 М51 at the machine of model SLP 8535. The following cutting conditions were worked out: blade speed 22m/min and feed 1,0mm/min. As a result, tools resistance was increased from 1,47 м2 up to 3,76 м2 in comparison with с blades of Taiwanese manufacturer, which was used earlier.
- Task: cutting of blank. Material: Steel 45. Purpose of implementation: increase of productivity.
Solution: «VariUs» saw-blade В1 М42 at the machine of model EVERISING S-246SA. After increase of the following blade cutting conditions: speed from 55m/min up to 75m/min and feed from 1,5mm/min up to 2,5mm/min, productivity was increased in 14%. Resistance remained at the same level as it was before during usage of blade of famous American manufacturer.
- Task: pipe cutting. Material: Pipe GOST8732-78 СТСЭВ1481-78. Purpose of implementation: to reduce tool consumption.
Solution: «VariUs» saw-blade В2 М42. At the machine of model «Mit’1-03» the following cutting conditions were used: blade speed 60m/min and feed 2,0mm/min. As a result, blade resistance was increased from 3,12 м2 up to 5,29 м2 in comparison with tools, which were used before.
- Buying blades of brand «VariUs», usually, Customers decrease direct expenses for tools, increasing production carrying capacity without additional investments in new machines. All that is necessary to do – just to apply to specialist of company ETC “VariUs”. Rather often the task is solved only by means of technological audit and issue of recommendations regarding cutting conditions as well as by other technical prompts. For example:
Breaking of saw-blade
One of important conditions of durable saw-blade exploitation – this is correctly fulfilled saw-blade breaking. Du to that fact that sharp accurate blade teeth have fragile edges at the top, it is necessary to blunt them in the proper way. In addition, new teeth are not always the same at height that is unavoidable result of technology, which is used during production of bimetallic blades. Appropriately fulfilled breaking of saw-blade prevents teeth chipping and allows getting ideal cutting conditions for uniform blade wear. When you start working with new blade, it is necessary to follow a number of simple rules:
- 1. To choose optimal cutting conditions: speed and feed, taking into account size and blank characteristics, for example, according to chart in catalogue of «VariUs» saw-blades.
- 2. To decrease chosen cutting conditions in 50% and to fulfill cutting of blanks with cutting area 300-800см2. For hard-machined materials it is necessary to increase cutting area for appropriate breaking up to 1500 см2.
- 3. When breaking of saw-blade is over, it is necessary to increase cutting conditions to those, which are indicated in catalogue, or to optimal values, selected together with specialists of developing company.
- 4. During machining it is obligatory for blade to remove chips.
One of key working conditions with saw-blade is qualitative tension of saw-blade. Effort of tension is controlled by built-in (at some machine models) or portableT devices for measuring blade tension – tensometres. In case of wrong blade tension, insufficient or redundant, blade breakup or run to the side of cutting line can occur. In any case, wrong blade tension radically decreases operation life of saw-blade.
Chips removal from saw-blade during application
- During usage of saw-blades it is necessary to pay a special attention to presence, condition and correct functioning of device for chips removal from blade teeth, simply – brushes. When you have problems with brush – you can see chips in casing of drive drum of saw-blade machine. If chips get between blade and drive drum, blade break can occur or damage of machine driving drum as a result of chips vibro-hardening.
- There are two types of brushes: passive and with separate drive. Brushes with drive are more effective and prove comparatively small additional expenses during buying of semi-automatic machine. Moreover, goods brushes allow to considerably save money during machine exploitation at the expense of tools consumption.
Service of saw-blades
- Specialists of Group of Companies Technical Center “VariUs” developed a special program of Customers’ support. Product-engineers will always help Customers to select appropriate saw-blades and will give precious recommendations regarding right choice or machine service. Our specialists will teach operators methods of correct activity at saw-blade machines; help to calculate cutting conditions and to participate in setting-up. We invite you to use our experience for your goals.
Well-timed call to service department of ETC «VariUs» will let you save tens and hundreds of thousands resources of your Company.
«Engineering-Technical Center «VariUs»
10, Kalinin Spusk, 10
tel.: +38 (056) 790 84 33
mob.: +38 (068) 445 76 65